× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Orbi Pro on business network

Pip9806
Aspirant

Orbi Pro on business network

Looking to install high capacity, high coverage wifi on a domain network. 8000sq ft up to 200 users (golf club so many transient users). So many systems want to install their own router which is obviously not an option in a business environment with internet connection directly into the perimeter firewall. Can the Orbi Pro system be installed with the router unit in AP mode or can the satellites be installed without the router unit and still get full functionality?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi Pro on business network

You can install it in AP mode. 

the satellites need the router to control it so you can't use the satellites alone. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You can install it in AP mode. 

the satellites need the router to control it so you can't use the satellites alone. 

Message 2 of 4
Pip9806
Aspirant

Thank you. In your experience, is this a reliable business product? All of our networks for 20 years have been based on SonicWall firewalls  but I am not entirely convinced by their SonicWave APs and am looking for an alternative. (not just the price, I have the budget for it, but setup, coverage and dependability)

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I've only ever used the SXK30 for the business mesh side of it. I've heard good things. 

I've also heard very positive things about the insight managed AP's with their mesh setup. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements