× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Problem Configuring WNDAP360 - The Power/Test LED is Blinking Amber

Marhan05
Aspirant

Problem Configuring WNDAP360 - The Power/Test LED is Blinking Amber

Hi Paulir, I am so pleased that I've found your post here. This week (18/07/2022) I have just bought 3 used WNDAP360's from a well known auction site. All sold as working units and all 3 have the same problem that you have described.

I've spent 2 full days trying to get the power light to stop flashing amber and to turn to a solid green. I've used different power supplies and even connected to a netgear switcher that provides PoE to see if that would help make a difference - but no !!

I hate to use this phrase but I really do have "the exact same fault" that you have.

If any one should have any idea of whats going on, and more importantly, can it be fixed please let me know.

Thank You,

Mark.

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Problem Configuring WNDAP360 Access Point Power/Test LED Blinking Amber

@Marhan05,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Found this old thread here on how to recover the WNDAP360.  Hope it helps. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Marhan05
Aspirant

Re: Problem Configuring WNDAP360 Access Point Power/Test LED Blinking Amber

Hello Dane,

thank you for replying to my cry for help. As it happens I was able to return the units to the seller without a problem (I kind of think they already knew there was a problem).

The good news is I have today bought one replacement, still need to buy another 2.

This unit seems to be working fine, it took a little bit of messing about to be able to connect up but now I've got the method sorted I'm good to go.

Would you are anyone else here be able to give me some info on how to set up my WiFi network please ?

What I'm trying to achieve is a small network consisting of one Netgear D7800 router and 3 Netgear WNDAP360 access points. I also have a Netgear Prosafe JGS516PE switch that can provide PoE for the 3 AP's.

I would like to have the WiFi system configured so that I have only one common SSID for all 4 devices (including the router) with one common password key. The idea being that we can move about with laptops and phones etc. without the devices needing to keep switching between different SSID's. Does this seem possible ? Each AP or the router may overlap each others WiFi so I'm not quite sure how that will work. Thank You for any help and ideas.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements