× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Question regarding multiple WAX620 Access Points

jkenny1408
Follower

Question regarding multiple WAX620 Access Points

I have a question regarding the WAX620 Dual Band Router.  We have an office with Wifi setup using Ubiquiti access points.  We have 4 Ap's setup.  In the setup for the Unifi all the AP's are controlled using a single SSID name in their portal.  I am considering upgrading to the WAX620 and using Insight to manage them.  They will all be in the same office.  Will I be able to setup and mange the SSIDs in the same manner or will each AP have their own SSID setup and managed?  I am trying to make sure that as users go thru the office their connections are maintained and dont drop as they transfer between locations in the office.  Is this the way the 620 works or should I consider a different model?  Thanks for your help and input.

Model: WNDR3600v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Question regarding multiple WAX620 Access Points

Yes, Insight does allow a single point of management for multiple WAX6xx (or WAC5xx). the SSID by location or for the complete organisation can be defined once, adding more APs is a snap, changing keys and so on is applied to all APs, and you get with a minimum of effort the seamless roaming you rare behind, too.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: Question regarding multiple WAX620 Access Points

Yes, Insight does allow a single point of management for multiple WAX6xx (or WAC5xx). the SSID by location or for the complete organisation can be defined once, adding more APs is a snap, changing keys and so on is applied to all APs, and you get with a minimum of effort the seamless roaming you rare behind, too.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements