× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Segregate Guest WiFi

andysts
Aspirant

Segregate Guest WiFi

I have 6 switches with 16 WAX620s. I have created a guest wifi and office wifi. The APs are connected to the GS752TPv2. How would I put the guest wifi on a separate network from the office?

Message 1 of 7
BasuKhodanapur
Apprentice

Re: Segregate Guest WiFi

Hello @andysts 

Please configure vlan for Guest network, so that Guest network will be isolated from main network. 

Thanks,

Basavaraj

Message 2 of 7
andysts
Aspirant

How do I do this? Do I create the Vlan at the access point level or switch? I have 2 networks so I don't want them to loose connection.

Message 3 of 7
BasuKhodanapur
Apprentice

Hi @andysts 

Please follow these steps:

1. First Create Vlan ID in Rouer and assign dhcp for particular vlan ID ex. vlan10 dhcp 192.168.10.x
2. Create same vlan id (example vlan10) at switch side and Tag vlan ID to switch ports where WAX620 Connected. Please make sure VLAN ID must be enabled in all the ports of switch where WAX620 connected.
3. At WAX620 side -> configure Guest ssid with profile vlan10 instead of default 1.
4. Now clients connected to guest ssid will get IP address in the range of 192.168.10.x, this is how we can separate the n/w.

Thanks,

Basavaraj

Message 4 of 7
andysts
Aspirant

I have a Nighthawk AX2400. I created the vlan but it does not support me assigning a new DHCP. Suggestions?

Message 5 of 7
BasuKhodanapur
Apprentice

Hi @andysts 

Got it, let me go through Nighthawk AX2400 vlan creation options, Will update you asap.

and try to provide you other options to segregate the guest network.

Thanks,

Basavaraj 

Message 6 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Hard to help, considering there is no Nighthawk AX2400 product (AX2400 is a WiFi standard and total bandwidth indication on consumer devices).

Only the RAX20, RAX29, and RAX30 are carrying a Nighthawk AX2400 designation.

There are no Nighthawk designated devices supporting VLAN configurations on the LAN.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements