× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Setting up a small WifI network using WNDAP360's

Marhan05
Aspirant

Setting up a small WifI network using WNDAP360's

Would someone be able to give me some info on how to set up my WiFi network please ?

I'm trying to achieve a small WiFi network consisting of one Netgear D7800 router and 3 Netgear WNDAP360 access points. I also have a Netgear Prosafe JGS516PE switch that can provide PoE for the 3 AP's.

I would like to have the WiFi system configured so that I have only one common SSID for all 4 devices (including the router) with one common password key. The idea being that we can move about with laptops and phones etc. without the devices needing to keep switching between different SSID's. Does this seem possible ?

Each AP or the router will overlap each others WiFi range so I'm not quite sure how that will work. Thank You for any help and ideas.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Setting up a small WifI network using WNDAP360's

Hi @Marhan05,

It is possible to setup the WNDAP360s to have client devices connect from one AP to another by configuring the APs with the same SSID as you said.

However, the APs are fairly old and you may notice some delay when client devices switch from one AP to another.

For your reference, kindly check this community thread.

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Marhan05,

It is possible to setup the WNDAP360s to have client devices connect from one AP to another by configuring the APs with the same SSID as you said.

However, the APs are fairly old and you may notice some delay when client devices switch from one AP to another.

For your reference, kindly check this community thread.

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Marhan05
Aspirant

Thanks for that link which has answered my questions.

I'm going to give each AP a unique SSID while I get the network up since this will allow to see which device the Wifi signal is from. Once everything is working as it should I will change the SSID on the Wifi router and the 3 AP's to all be the same.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements