× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: Strange APP radio settings for WAC540

alisystems
Follower

Strange APP radio settings for WAC540

Hello guys

I have found a strange settings in the insight mobile app under Locations > WiFi > Advance Wireless Settings

In this page I can setup in radio mode the ax protocol for Wi-Fi 6!

And if I save no error is prompt.

From what I know this model does not support wifi6. Is it a feature added later or is it a problem with the mobile application?

Screen attached! Any idea?
Model: WAC540|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Tri-band 4x4 Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 7
schumaku
Guru

This does not look like the specific AP settings. in my undertanding, these are the "max" settings for this network location.

The controls by AP are under Location -> WiFi -> Access Points -> [whatever WAC540] -> Radio and Channels ... the UI form ooks similar, but 2.4 GHz allows setting up to 11ng, 5 GHz radios up to 11ac.

Message 2 of 7
Navatha
Tutor

Advanced Wireless Settings are common for all the AP models present in the Location. If user selects 11AX mode, WiFi6 11AX mode applies only to the models supporting 11AX. For the rest of the devices which don't support 11ax, the next best mode 11ac will be applied

Model: WAC540|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Tri-band 4x4 Wireless Access Point
Message 3 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@Navatha wrote:

Advanced Wireless Settings are common for all the AP models present in the Location. If user selects 11AX mode, WiFi6 11AX mode applies only to the models supporting 11AX. For the rest of the devices which don't support 11ax, the next best mode 11ac will be applied

Correct. However, the App user does not have -any- indication for this, so he can only guess. There is neiter a title, a text, or a (?) which can be asked about what this "form" is intended for.

Message 4 of 7
Navatha
Tutor

we will add help content in next release

Message 5 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@Navatha wrote:

we will add help content in next release

This answers my next question. Glad we have you here particiating with the community!

Message 6 of 7
Navatha
Tutor

Thank you.

Thanks,

Navatha.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo