× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Trying to setup WAC104-AC1200 as a wireless to multi-point ethernet bridge

markt_13823
Follower

Trying to setup WAC104-AC1200 as a wireless to multi-point ethernet bridge

I am trying to setup the WAC104 as an outdoor wireless to multipoint ethernet bridge back to my R8000P nighthawk router.  Does anyone know if the WAC104 can be used in this way?  The manual only shows using it as a Wifi repeater with another Access point, one set as the Wifi base the other as the Wifi receiver.  I find no way to set a Wifi repeater MAC address in the router to establish the bridge.

I have set up the WAC104 as a Wifi Repeater using the same SSID, password, security, wifi channel, and set a IP Address, but the R8000P router does not establish a wifi connection to the WAC104.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router, WAC104|Dual Band 802.11ac 
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Trying to setup WAC104-AC1200 as a wireless to multi-point ethernet bridge

Hi markt_13823,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

WAC104 will only work as a repeater if it is connected to another Access Point which is the WiFi Base Station. You may need a wireless range extender for your home router and not a business class access point.

Here is the reference(page 58).

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Trying to setup WAC104-AC1200 as a wireless to multi-point ethernet bridge

Hi markt_13823,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

WAC104 will only work as a repeater if it is connected to another Access Point which is the WiFi Base Station. You may need a wireless range extender for your home router and not a business class access point.

Here is the reference(page 58).

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements