× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Turn Radio on button grayed out after upgrade to 3.7.7.0

Marko156
Aspirant

Turn Radio on button grayed out after upgrade to 3.7.7.0

I've just completed a 3-step firmware upgrade from v2.0.1 to 3.7.7.0 on my WNDAP350 AP.  After reconfiguring from default settings, I am unable to turn off the 2.4Ghz radio. In the wireless settings, the Wireless on-off status is on, and the Turn Radio On button is grayed out. I want to broadcast over 802.11an only.

I have tried IE10,Chrome, & Firefox v56.0 with no improvement.

I am also having trouble with my clients connecting.  These are fixed clients, that were operating without issue on the older firmware v2.0.1. The wireless clients don't connect at 802.11an speeds. after the clients are rebooted. It takes some reconfiguration on the Netgear Wnda3100 v2 USB WiFi adapter to make it work on 11an, but then will not reconnect at all after rebooting a client PC.

I have about 30 remote sites that require the upgrade to prevent a KRACK hack incident.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: WNDAP350|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Turn Radio on button grayed out after upgrade to 3.7.7.0

Wireless on-off feature is common for both 2.4 and 5GHz radio.
When it is ON, we cannot make single radio to OFF.

If you make  Wireless on-off schedule  is OFF then you should be able to disable radio.  

Thanks

Raghu 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Have you tried Wireless on-off status OFF and see if you are able to disable radio?

Message 2 of 5
Marko156
Aspirant

I will be making a site visit this afternoon to attempt a resolution. The wireless on-off feature appears as a global command to turn on or off all radios.  It does'nt provide an option to turn off one or the other.  I'm a bit confused by this function.

Message 3 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Wireless on-off feature is common for both 2.4 and 5GHz radio.
When it is ON, we cannot make single radio to OFF.

If you make  Wireless on-off schedule  is OFF then you should be able to disable radio.  

Thanks

Raghu 

Message 4 of 5
Marko156
Aspirant

Thank you for clarifying the function of that feature.  I was able to disable my 2.4Ghz radio after turning off radios under the scheduling option.  I truly appreciate your assistance.

Marko156

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements