× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Turn off RADIUS on WAC720

Sherminator
Tutor

Turn off RADIUS on WAC720

Hi there,

we discovered some unexpected RADIUS traffic on our network (UDP port 1812/1813) and identified our WAC720 as the source. We don't use RADIUS, so we like to turn it off. What's the best way to achieve this? Under "Configuration" -> "Security" -> "Advanced" -> "RADIUS server settings" we tried to blank all the fields out, but this is not possible. Any idea to solve this "the clean way"?

Thanks a lot and many greets

Stephan

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Turn off RADIUS on WAC720

Hi @Sherminator 

I sent you PM. Could you please check and respond?

Thanks,

Raghu

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Stephan , Welcome to the Netgear Community. Could you please help us share more details with packet captures? Are you seeing that AP is sending radius packets without enabling it? Share the detailed from logs from monitoring page. We will take a look at it. Thanks, Raghu
Message 2 of 5
Sherminator
Tutor

Hi Raghu,

thanks for your fast answer!

Our firewall logs show that the APs try to send RADIUS packets to the ip address 192.168.1.1, which is an existing device in our network. So I went into the GUI of the AP an realized that 192.168.1.1 seems to be the default entry for RADIUS. So I searched for a way to turn RADIUS off, but didn't succeed. Then I tried to blank these fields, but that's not possible. So I'm looking for the best way to "silence" RADIUS on the APs.

Greets

Stephan

Message 3 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Stephan, Thanks for the details. Could you please download & share your AP configurations ? We will check and update you. Thanks, Raghu
Message 4 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Sherminator 

I sent you PM. Could you please check and respond?

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements