× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Unable to login after reset - AC2000/WAC124

Stickly555
Follower

Unable to login after reset - AC2000/WAC124

I am unable to login to the router to change the password and network key. Thus making the router useless. I have owned this since it was purchased in the store. I only have one email address and it keeps saying it is not registered to that email address. This is so painful. Basically this is useless to me now. I will def not buy Netgear again. How do i find out the email. How do i log in to the router. It used to be through an ip address in my browser and admin and password. I guess it is hopeless because even IT professionals on here are expressing frustation and failure. 

Model: WAC124|AC2000 Dual Band 4x4
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Unable to login after reset - AC2000/WAC124

The WAC124 has a very unlucky "design" in place - appears Netgear tried to introduce something smart, appears it has not worked out as expected. 

Could you please PM the serial number of your WAC124 and the email address that you tried to @RaghuHR - convinced he can help you out.

Hope they are going to review and correct this awful mistake...

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to login after reset - AC2000/WAC124

@Stickly555,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

It is possible that the serial number of your WAC124 is not yet registered to you.

Let us try this. Disconnect the WAC124 from your existing network.  Connect the WAC124 directly to a PC.  If your WAC124 has a static IP address, make sure to set a static IP address on your PC that is within the IP address range of the static IP address of the WAC124.  Then, try to access the web-GUI of the WAC124 for you to change the password and network key.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements