× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Updating AP's and switches simultaniously

Vincent_Brick9
Aspirant

Updating AP's and switches simultaniously

Hi,

We have customers with several AP's as well as a switch in their network. I'm worried that if I enable scheduled updates (automatic updates) this might lead to problems with the AP's as they will be cut of from the network while they are updating their firmwire due to the fact that the switch will also be updating itself.

Does anyone no if these can lead to problems with the AP's? If so I'll have to resort to a manual update - first on the AP's then on the switch.

Thank you.

Vincent

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Updating AP's and switches simultaniously

Vincent,

This comes from the Firmware tab on the Insight Web UI:

"The firmware updates within the scheduled window. During an update, the Internet access of another device may stop, which can cause its firmware update to fail. To reduce this risk, Insight updates the firmware on all edge devices (Access Points, Orbi Pro, NAS) at the same time, then updates switches, and then business routers. Review the status of all devices and manually update the firmware of any devices that were not included during the scheduled window."

Enjoy!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Vincent,

This comes from the Firmware tab on the Insight Web UI:

"The firmware updates within the scheduled window. During an update, the Internet access of another device may stop, which can cause its firmware update to fail. To reduce this risk, Insight updates the firmware on all edge devices (Access Points, Orbi Pro, NAS) at the same time, then updates switches, and then business routers. Review the status of all devices and manually update the firmware of any devices that were not included during the scheduled window."

Enjoy!

Message 2 of 4
Vincent_Brick9
Aspirant

Thanks a lot! My god how did I not see this...

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@Vincent_Brick9  No worries - you don't know how scared I was in the early Insight times before the note was in place on automatically trigger the sites 8-) Perfectly understood your question!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements