Highlighted
Aspirant

WAC 510 "No. of connected clients exceeded 25"

We held a conference twice this week and many people were unable to connect to our WAC 510 access point.  It would take a very long time to establish connection to the AP, and then it would say "no internet" and never truly connected them to the network.  I checked the notifications today in the Insight portal, and it said the AP had a warning notification of "No. of connected clients exceeded 25. Please disconnect few clients".  A 25 client limitation seemed ridiculous, so I checked the specs page of the AP and it says it can handle up to 200 clients.  So why is my AP reporting a 25 client limit?  I checked everywhere in the Insight portal for this limit, but couldn't find anything.  How do I adjust this limit??

Model: WAC510|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
Guru

Re: WAC 510 "No. of connected clients exceeded 25"

Another "magic" bug @YeZ - 200 is 200 is 200. And not 25. Fix this! 

Always under the assumption this is under Insight management, and the WAC is operating on the current firmware (5.0.5.4 as of writing) of course.

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

@Tcjfs That message itself is informative, not the cause of the issue you have seen with difficulty to connect. For the issue itself, can you go to the Insight app, go to WAC505 device dashboard and click Share Diagnostics to send me the device logs so we can analyze? You can email to insight-feedback@netgear.com and post it here after it's sent. 

Thank you!

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Guru

@YeZ while talking on this subject - are these 200 supported clients 100+100 each per radio, or is the usage freely distributable on the WAC505/WAC510?

Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

@YeZ I just shared the diag log with you this morning, but not sure if it includes the "25 limit error" from last week.  I took a look at the logs and I couldn't find data from 11/29 which was when the issues occurred.  Let me know what's discovered if you find anything.

@schumaku - correct -- using the Insight portal (premium sub) with latest firmware.

Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

So is there no help for this issue?  So many users are getting "no internet" when trying to connect to an SSID.  I'm pulling my hair out trying to troubleshoot this on my own.  The AP's should just work.  Why are they limiting connections??

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Guru

Is this at around of 25 connected clients, by radio, or by the complete WAC? Or more near to 100 plus 100 concurrenty connected clients? Check Insight resp. the WAC Web UI.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements