× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC 720 - Wireless - Local Mac Address Database - accept list turns into deny list after reboot

timhamels
Aspirant

WAC 720 - Wireless - Local Mac Address Database - accept list turns into deny list after reboot

In our school we use the wac720 for the wireless internet.
(firmware 3.9.0.3)

For security reasons we use a local mac address database 
(configuration -> security -> "select network and click edit" -> MAC Authentication Type "local mac address database" ->  MAC ACL Mode "Accept list". All our computers are on the accept list.
However after a reboot the accept list turns into a deny list ... How can I prevent this?

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: WAC 720 - Wireless - Local Mac Address Database - accept list turns into deny list after reboot

Thanks for your feedback. Please mark as accepted if you are satisfied with the beta firmware. Feel free to reach us if you have any further questions.

Once again thanks for choosing Netgear Products.

Have a good day,

Raghu

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 13

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: WAC 720 - Wireless - Local Mac Address Database - accept list turns into deny list after reboot

Hi @timhamels 

Could you please download detailed logs from the monitoring page and share with us? You can upload into google drive and send me a link via PM. We will check and update you as soon as possible.

Thanks for chossing Netgear products.

Raghu

Message 2 of 13
timhamels
Aspirant

Hello,

see attachment for the log.

The problem is, after a reboot (power failure - enviroment)  the option "accept List" changes into "deny List"

kind regards

Tim

Message 3 of 13
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

You need to download the logs and send it to us. You have attached activity logs.
Message 4 of 13
timhamels
Aspirant

I only find the activity logs. Am I looking in the wrong place?

manual: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WAC720/WAC720_730_UM_EN.pdf

Message 5 of 13
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Please see the attached screen shot. Click on Save as button. That will download the complete logs. You need to send that file.
Message 6 of 13
timhamels
Aspirant

Message 7 of 13
schumaku
Guru

On the Logs page, there is top right a [Save as] button - that output/download what Negtear is behind.

Message 8 of 13
timhamels
Aspirant

Message 9 of 13
schumaku
Guru

Sorry, the last few posts were not visible to me yet before posting. Ideally use PM (Personal Messaging) to the Netgear persion (RaghuHR - I'm not Netger) requesting - as the logs data can contain sensitive information.

Hope they manage to figure out the issue.

Message 10 of 13
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @timhamels 

This is a known issue. We can share the beta firmware. Our support team  will reach you shortly.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 11 of 13
timhamels
Aspirant

I've updated to the beta firmware,

at this moment everything works fine.

Message 12 of 13
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for your feedback. Please mark as accepted if you are satisfied with the beta firmware. Feel free to reach us if you have any further questions.

Once again thanks for choosing Netgear Products.

Have a good day,

Raghu

Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements