× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAC104 can't access setup page

DavidMW45
Tutor

WAC104 can't access setup page

Just bought a WAC104. It works fine but I can't access the setup page to change the password from its weak default.

There appears to be no website at http://www.aplogin.net.

Entering 192.168.0.100 doesn't bring up a page.

Entering 192.168.1.1 brings up the main router page.

If I disconnect the router 192.168.1.1 doesn't bring up a page.

I don't know what else to try!

I'm using a MacBook Pro 2014 running El Capitan

Help!

David

Model: WAC104|Dual Band 802.11ac 
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DavidMW45
Tutor

Many thanks for all your help. I finally managed to do it using your suggestion:

Most likely your WAC104 has got an IP configuration from your router DHCP server. Start with checking your router for the Attached Devices or DHCP table for the WAC104 MAC Address as printed on the label (just the hexadecimal part, the : or - delimiter are for readability only - and it's IP address in the 192.168.1.x range

The process was painfully slow - several minutes at each stage - until it dawned on me that my antivirus was getting in the way. Once I disabled it I was able to proceed.

I've now set both admin and wi-fi passwords.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

David,

@DavidMW45 wrote:

There appears to be no website at http://www.aplogin.net.

This URL works only while your computer is connected direct to the WAC104, either wireless (or with an Ethernet cable).

@DavidMW45 wrote:

Entering 192.168.0.100 doesn't bring up a page.

With your router being on 192.168.1.1 (/24 or 255.255.255.0) subnetwork this address would not be reachable.

@DavidMW45 wrote:

Entering 192.168.1.1 brings up the main router page.

Most likely your WAC104 has got an IP configuration from your router DHCP server. Start with checking your router for the Attached Devices or DHCP table for the WAC104 MAC Address as printed on the label (just the hexadecimal part, the : or - delimiter are for readability only - and it's IP address in the 192.168.1.x range.

@DavidMW45 wrote:

If I disconnect the router 192.168.1.1 doesn't bring up a page.

This would be much more complex - because the MAC would fall-back to a ZeroConf IP 169.254.x.x address. To reach the default IP (only if there is no DHCP address assigned, so after a reboot of the WC104) you would have to change the MAC adapter to a manual assigned IP address in the 192.168.0.x (/24 255.255.255.0 subnet. This should not be required.

Message 2 of 3
DavidMW45
Tutor

Many thanks for all your help. I finally managed to do it using your suggestion:

Most likely your WAC104 has got an IP configuration from your router DHCP server. Start with checking your router for the Attached Devices or DHCP table for the WAC104 MAC Address as printed on the label (just the hexadecimal part, the : or - delimiter are for readability only - and it's IP address in the 192.168.1.x range

The process was painfully slow - several minutes at each stage - until it dawned on me that my antivirus was getting in the way. Once I disabled it I was able to proceed.

I've now set both admin and wi-fi passwords.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements