× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC104 setup. apologia.net asking me to reset password over and over and over again

Radworm
Initiate

WAC104 setup. apologia.net asking me to reset password over and over and over again

I bought a brand new wireless access point to be used for WiFi coverage on one side of my house.  I followed all the instructions in the setup.  I am able to login in to the apologia.net site with username admin and password as password.  I keep getting a pop up message "aplogin.net says Please change the password!  I click OK and change the password and hit apply and it keeps doing it over and over and over again.  I have used my iPad with three different browsers (Safari, Brave, DuckDuckGo) and my Windows 10 laptop with Edge and Chrome.  Nothing seems to work.  This is out of the box setup.  I can't get past this to do any advance setup or firmware updates.  Any help please?

Model: WAC104|Dual Band 802.11ac 
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Radworm
Initiate

Re: WAC104 setup. apologia.net asking me to reset password over and over and over again

Yes, I did.

I called customer service.  I ended up getting it to work on my laptop using chrome also.  I was able to use www.aplogin.net.  Their software is glitchy.  Once you change the password the first time, you have to logout back out.  Then when you log back back in the second time you use the username admin and password is your newly created password (not password any longer).  I was able to login back in with no issues.  I was then able to access the ssid settings, change the network password, set up the time zone, etc.

If you don't log back out after changing the password the first time, it will keep asking you to change it over and over and over.

Hopefully someone will find this useful.

Thanks

Brian

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WAC104 setup. apologia.net asking me to reset password over and over and over again

@Radworm,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly try to clear the cache of the browser you are using or use Incognito mode in Chrome then try to access the web-GUI of the WAC104 again.  Check if the same problem will occur.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
JustMandy
Initiate

Hi @Radworm did you manage to solve this issue? 

I had exactly the same and it drove me crackers!

In the end I solved it by using the desktop PC, accessing the access point via the IP address from Chrome.  This time the password change took.

Message 3 of 4
Radworm
Initiate

Yes, I did.

I called customer service.  I ended up getting it to work on my laptop using chrome also.  I was able to use www.aplogin.net.  Their software is glitchy.  Once you change the password the first time, you have to logout back out.  Then when you log back back in the second time you use the username admin and password is your newly created password (not password any longer).  I was able to login back in with no issues.  I was then able to access the ssid settings, change the network password, set up the time zone, etc.

If you don't log back out after changing the password the first time, it will keep asking you to change it over and over and over.

Hopefully someone will find this useful.

Thanks

Brian

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements