× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAC124 This WAC124 is not registred for the current user, please login with the registred user.

PowerUser8214
Aspirant

WAC124 This WAC124 is not registred for the current user, please login with the registered user.

I purchased this router/ap from a local secondhand dealer but I've been unable to change settings via web browser because the product is still registered under the old user (and thus I am unable to make changes to it). How do I get help for this?

Model: WAC124|AC2000 Dual Band 4x4
Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WAC124 This WAC124 is not registred for the current user, please login with the registred user.

@PowerUser8214,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Please try to open a chat or online support ticket with NETGEAR Support here and request that the serial number of the WAC124 be registered under your name.  Be informed that both hardware warranty and support warranty of the WAC124 are already voided since it is second hand.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
PowerUser8214
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. I got in touch with a customer support agent and they informed me that I will have to pay for a minimum of 3 months of customer support just to have them change the account that the router is registered under. This sound a little absurd as the product is in perfect working condition minus the issue with the registration so a 3-month paid subscription is senseless.
Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@PowerUser8214 wrote:
This sound a little absurd as the product is in perfect working condition minus the issue with the registration so a 3-month paid subscription is senseless.

it's more than absurd as this does lock second-hand customers out from managing the device they own, rendering it worthless.

What is the proposal for customer markets outside of the US where no paid support services are available? 

@DaneA this is simply not an acceptable solution - especially not for a small business product.

Message 4 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@PowerUser8214,

Kindly send me the following via private message:

1. Photo/s of the WAC124 that you purchased 2nd hand showing serial number.

2. Soft copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the WAC124 that you purchased 2nd hand. You can upload it to Google Drive then send the download link via private message as well.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
Markthompson78
Aspirant

@DaneA
Hi im having the same issue with a WAC124 that I recently purchased from ebay a couple of weeks ago, I had posted elsewhere on netgear community and another user pointed me in your direction is there anything help you could give me please
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements