WAC510 Chromebook Issue

JMcKenzie
Aspirant

WAC510 Chromebook Issue

I have 45 Lenovo 100e 2nd Gen managed Chromebooks that refuse to load the login page. They connect to my WAC510 APs (firmware V 8.2.1.16) and obtain an IP address that is visible in the Insight Cloud Portal - the device is connected and receiving some data. But, I cannot log in. All I get is "please wait" and the blue circle of waiting death. I can login as a guest and get some limited connectivity - I can load Google's main page, but not YouTube or any other website. So after a month of going back and forth with Google and Lenovo, they are telling me that it is my network. Google thinks my bandwidth is getting cut somewhere, but why only these machines? 

I have about 300 other devices that are on the network just fine. Old machines, new machines, CrOS, Windows, and Mac. They all get on just fine, but not these Lenovo 100e 2nd gens! They will get on other school networks running Cisco Merakis, but not my Netgear. I have my switch - model GC752XP running firmware V 1.0.5.14. I have automatic firmware updates on. The switch is running in full 1000Mbps and has no special rules set on it. 

Does anyone have any idea? Lenovo refuses to take any responsibility because they work on other networks. 

Message 1 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: WAC510 Chromebook Issue

Hi Jennifer McKenzie ,

Welcome to the Netgear Community. Are you connecting your chromebook to 5GHz radio ? Did you tried to connecting to 2.4 GHz and see the same issue? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@JMcKenzie   Also let me know the model details of your Chromebook.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 3 of 5
JMcKenzie
Aspirant

Hi Raghu,

The model of Chromebook is a Lenovo 100e 2nd Gen MTK - here is the detailed specs page 

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/student-chromebooks/Lenovo-100e-Chromebook-2nd-Gen-MTK/p...

I am attempting to directly access the AP but cannot  - I read that once I registered the device to the Insight Cloud (which I am using to manage my APs), I would need to use my network password to gain access to the device - that is not working. I have also tried using the default of "password" of the device and using my Netgear account password. What am I missing? And I am using the username of admin and I am being mindful of case sensitivity. 

I appreciate your response and I look forward to your insights into this issue I am experiencing. 

Regards

Jennifer 

Message 4 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@JMcKenzie   Are you still having issues in logging to web UI of WAC510? Can we take a look at your setup?

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements