× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAC510 SSID to VLAN association

NickHW
Aspirant

WAC510 SSID to VLAN association

I read the manual for the WAC510 online and I'm not entirely clear on this point.

Does this model permit the creation of virtual access points which map to separate tagged 802.11Q VLANs at the Ethernet interface?

The comment in the manual "This VLAN ID is not the same as the 802.1Q VLAN ID that is used for the wired network" has me very confused.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Nick

Yes you can have separate VLANs for different SSIDs. Let me know if you have any further questions on this

Thanks

Raghu

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Nick

Thanks for looking at WAC510 access point. I guess you are looking the page 34 of this manual. http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WAC510/WAC510_UM_EN.pdf

Context here is router mode. 

Are you looking for different VLANs in standalone mode? Let me know your what is the configuration you are looking?

Thanks

Raghu

Message 2 of 4
NickHW
Aspirant

This would be standalone mode.

I have a pfsense firewall / router, connected to a GS728TP. I want to attach an access point to the switch that can tag different VAPs to different VLANs from the switch to partition the traffic.

So the AP will be on a switch port with tagged ingress and egress. Each VAP would have separate SSID and communicate via a separate VLAN.
Message 3 of 4
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Nick

Yes you can have separate VLANs for different SSIDs. Let me know if you have any further questions on this

Thanks

Raghu

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements