× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAC510 Shown as "Disconnected" in Insight But Otherwise Seems Fine

JEDIV
Guide

WAC510 Shown as "Disconnected" in Insight But Otherwise Seems Fine

NOTE:  I apologize for the misleading "location" of "Nighthawk WiFi Routers", but it doesn't give me any correct options to choose from.  Perhaps I am in the wrong group?

I have an interesting problem to solve today (well, at least it’s interesting to me). I have 4 WAC 510 APs, all connected one way or another to a BR500 router.

This AM I looked at my IOS Insight app for the first time for a while, and I noticed that one of my WAC 510s is shown as disconnected (since 18 Dec). I haven’t noticed it because I have enough WiFi to spare and because everything else is working fine.

It is the only WAC510 that is directly connected physically to the BR500 and is the only AP that has anything connected to it: an Arlo hub.

The strange thing is...

1. The Arlo cameras have continued to work all along, including remote access via the Arlo app.

2. On the front of the BR500 this AM, the port LED for the BR500 port that the “disconnected” WAC510 is connected to is blinking just like the other ports that are operational. So the BR500 thinks the AP is there.

I guess the first thing I will do is see if I can log onto the “disconnected” AP from my desktop.

EDIT #1: I tried to login from my desktop and the IP address "took too long to respond" and timed out. Next step is to go look at the device physically, and then perhaps power it off then on.

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JEDIV
Guide

I am sorry that I didn’t update my query, but I couldn’t find my query to do it. A few days after I posted my query, I went physically to the WAC 510 and powered it off for 30 seconds and then power it back on. After that Insight recognized it. Thanks for your responses anyway.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@JEDIV wrote:

It is the only WAC510 that is directly connected physically to the BR500 and is the only AP that has anything connected to it: an Arlo hub.

Arlo Hub's and base stations are wired (Ethernet only) AFAIK.

According to the QSG and the User Manual, [only?] the WAN/PoE port must be used in access point mode. Not sure if the second [router LAN] port on the WAC510 can be used for daisy chaining at this point. I must admit, doing so is neither documented/suggested nor declined.

The link/activity LED on the BR500 is what it is - plain L0..L2 indication. The "Disconnected" status on Insight is about the connection to the Insight cloud.

Message 2 of 4
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

You should be able to put another network device to connect to the AP's LAN port, like a PC, the PC would get an IP in the same router subnet. Arlo base station would be the same as a PC. 

Interesting that your WAC510 is showing as offline in Insight. This should not be related to Arlo base station connected to its LAN port. Can you go to WAC510's local GUI and grab the device log to send to insight-feedback@netgear.com so we can debug the offline issue? You can also private message me. 

Message 3 of 4
JEDIV
Guide

I am sorry that I didn’t update my query, but I couldn’t find my query to do it. A few days after I posted my query, I went physically to the WAC 510 and powered it off for 30 seconds and then power it back on. After that Insight recognized it. Thanks for your responses anyway.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements