Re: WAC510 VLAN Membership

twoods
Apprentice

WAC510 VLAN Membership

I don't suppose there is a way to make a WAC510 SSID a member of more than one VLAN?

I have 3 VLANS on a ProSafe Switch: 1,2,3. There is a printer attached to a port with VLAN ID 2 but also membership in VLANS 1 and 3. Devices on VLANS 1 and 3 (with membership in VLAN 2) can talk to the printer on VLAN 2, but not to each other (1 and 3 do not have membership with each other). The WAC510 is attached to the same switch, and I have another wireless printer that I would like to create the same sharing sceanrio with by putting in on an SSID on VLAN 2, but this concept does not seem to work because the SSID can only have membership in the one assigned VLAN. 

Message 1 of 6
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi twoods

Could you please attach your network topology understand how your physical network is.  Also please attach your AP config. Have you tried the port connected to the WAC510 AP part of those VLANs?

Thanks

Raghu

Message 2 of 6
twoods
Apprentice

configuration2.jpg

Message 3 of 6
soberthuer
Aspirant

Any progress on this? I have some Netgear GS105Ev2 switches using 802.1Q Advanced setup with multiple memberships and single PVIDs. It would be great if it would be possible to configure the WAC510 to support multiple membership and PVIDs for the VLANs. 

Message 4 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

@twoods / @soberthuer,

The WAC510 and other NETGEAR ProSAFE APs are designed to only dedicate one VLAN per SSID.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

@twoods / @soberthuer,

Let us know if you have further questions.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements