× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC510 Won't Upgrade Firmware - Currently v1.5.3.6

TimothyGaray
Aspirant

WAC510 Won't Upgrade Firmware - Currently v1.5.3.6

I noticed that my WAC510 (Insight Managed) wanted a new firmware upgrade (v9.5.3.2).  I tried to apply it online and it kept failing but did not tell me why.  I rebooted and tried again and still failed.  I manually downloaded the firmware file and tried to update via the web.  I keep getting "Select a valid firmware file format."  I tried multiple older firmware versions but keep getting the same message.

I did a factory reset and reconfigured in my location for Inside Managed.  On IM it shows as downloading firmware.  I've tried rebooting but still the same.  Otherwise, the AP seems to be working.

From the web, it shows the firmware is currently v1.5.3.6.  I've tried everything starting from v1.5.3.10 and it won't take the update (same valid firmware file format error).  Insight Manager says it has the latest firmware.

I'm not sure what else to do at this point.  Anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

Thank you!

-Tim

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 4
TimothyGaray
Aspirant

Re: WAC510 Won't Upgrade Firmware - Currently v1.5.3.6

I also tried factory reset and leaving it in stand alone mode.  It wants to install firmware 5.0.10.2 but get same errors trying to install that (either over the Internet or with a local file).

Message 2 of 4
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @TimothyGaray 

Please share the detailed logs taken at the time of the issue. You can download detailed logs from the monitoring page and send it for us to review. You can upload into google drive or one drive. Send me a link to download via PM.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 3 of 4
TimothyGaray
Aspirant

I should also add that I have two other WAC510's and a WAXS610Y on the same network and they update just fine and are Insight Managed.

Thanks!

-Tim

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements