× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC510 admin password appears to have changed itself? One SSID still working, the other is not

mrdorks
Follower

WAC510 admin password appears to have changed itself? One SSID still working, the other is not

We've been using four WAC510 APs in our office for a couple of years now with no issues. Obviously the admin password to login to the AP's configuration was set by me a long while ago. I hadn't logged into them for a long time but needed to today as our guestwifi is not connecting to the internet, and have found that my password is no longer working. The default 'out of the box' password isn't working either (it's either 'password' or 'admin' and neither of those work). 

Is there any reason why it would no longer work? I read in the user manual today that the password should have at least one uppercase and one lowercase and my password didn't have an uppercase (but it obviously let me set it 2 years ago) so could it have been a firmware update which somehow invalidates the current password? 

I really don't want to factory reset as they are ceiling mounted so it would be really inconvenient, any suggestions very welcome. 

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 2
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WAC510 admin password appears to have changed itself? One SSID still working, the other is not

@mrdorks,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

We apologize for the inconvenience. It is possible that the AP updated its firmware automatically. The only way for us to get the admin page back is to reset it to factory default. There is no way for us to access it through local if we don't have the password.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements