× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAC510 more than 1 Tagged VLAN?

Constantius
Follower

WAC510 more than 1 Tagged VLAN?

I currently have a WAC510. I'm looking to have my AP broadcase multiple SSIDs (multiple VLANs - something like 1 for IOT, 1 for personal stuff, 1 for xbox, etc.). I'm just wondering if this AP is capable of this? Does the WAC510 firmware support more than 1 tagged VLAN on the passthrough and/or uplink ports? I'll be using a managed switch (GS308EP). Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

From wally brain, the early specs said forr SSID by radio, this was changed over time to eight SSID (VAPs) in total, so max eight wireless networks, being individually tagged (or not) for all WAC5xx and WAX6xx.

WAC510 has (to my knowledge) no passthrough port. In AP mode, only the WAN port can be used for the link to the network and for PoE.  

Message 2 of 3
Nana11
Tutor

Hi Constantius.

From my experience using three WAC510s in my home, this device supports multiple tagged VLANs.

The WAC510 uplink ports can receive a mixture of traffic from multiple VLANs.
The WAC510 can also enable or disable untagged traffic on the uplink port,

and when set to use untagged traffic, it can also receive a mixture of tagged and untagged traffic.

When you configure it to receive untagged traffic, specify which VID it is.

Also, specify the VID for the management VLAN in the same way.

You can create up to 8 SSIDs on the WAC510 by creating SSIDs that correspond to VLAN traffic coming in from the uplink ports.

* However, it seems that it is recommended to keep the number within 3 for WAC510.
  If you try to create 4 or more SSIDs, the wireless beacon interval will be fixed at the maximum value (300ms).

Lastly, I'm sorry, WAC510 has WAN port (uplink) and LAN port (downlink), but I have never used downlink.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements