Highlighted
Aspirant

WAC510 set up in a country without Insight access (?)

Hello, I like to set up a WiFi network with several WAC510 APs in my bed and breakfast hotel in the Philippines. The Philippines is not on the list of countries where the Insight App is available (at least according to what is written on Netgear's homepage). 

Is it easy to set up and to maintain the network without Insight App? Or do you recommend in that case another product for multiple APs?

I have a router and should have a POE switch, I guess.

Thanks.

Model: WAC510|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WAC510 set up in a country without Insight access (?)

Hi Acharavi,

Welcome to our community! Smiley Happy

It seems that you are looking for devices that is suitable for your hotel. The main function of Insight App is for you to be able to manage your devices even though the devices are not on the same location with you. The only problem that you will encounter is that when the devices became faulty, you may need to send it back in the US for RMA.

Is it easy to set up and to maintain the network without Insight App? Or do you recommend in that case another product for multiple APs?

I have a router and should have a POE switch, I guess.

It is easy to setup and maintain the network using insight app. It will depend on how many APs do you need and if you wanted a seamless wireless connection then you may need a wireless controller.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thank you for your answer. I was originally wondering whether Insight App works in any country. I will have the Netgear hardware installed in the Philippines and would like to remotely control it from Japan. I read somewhere that the Inside App works only in a few selected countries. Is this true?

Model: WAC505|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Wireless Access Point
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Guru

By rule of thumb, the hardware can be installed anywhere, I would assume it will be linking with the Insight cloud from anywhere. The only real limitation (leaving hardware shipping, warranty handling, wireless and power certification legislation alone) I can think of is that customers in some markets won't have the App available to install on the mobile device. Once installed - and permitting there is no great wall prohibiting some encrypted communication - I would expect things work normally.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements