× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC5xx Antennae Radiation Patterns

Aussie_Warrior
Aspirant

WAC5xx Antennae Radiation Patterns

Where can I find the Antennae Radiation Patterns (Smith charts) for these units for installation purposes?  Are the patterns circular, oval, or ? and the radial coverage? Are they 10m, 20m or 30meters?  I understand the building construction will effect these but there must be ideals and you work from there.  Other companies can do it, why not Netgear?  

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Aussie_Warrior
Aspirant

Re: WAC5xx Antennae Radiation Patterns

Thanks for your replies, however after reading another thread on a similar issue I decided to raise a support ticket.  The assistance I recieved from Nicco RE: Smith charts was exceptional.  Many thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@Aussie_Warrior wrote:

Where can I find the Antennae Radiation Patterns (Smith charts) for these units for installation purposes?  

Never seen one here. 

@Aussie_Warrior wrote:

Are the patterns circular, oval, or ?  

For simplicity - take it as circular for these wall- or overhead-mounted APs.

@Aussie_Warrior wrote:

and the radial coverage? Are they 10m, 20m or 30meters?  

There are many other factors - an open-air coverage can be in the 80...100 meters range. These are numbers I remember from Cisco-Meraki or HPE specs. Finally it depends on the client density in an area.where you will run more APs on lower power.

@Aussie_Warrior wrote:

Other companies can do it, why not Netgear?  

While this would be interesting information, indeed.

The effective reach is defined by the maximum regulatory allowed emitted power - and all vendors go near to the limits.

There might be a difference if a vendor can offer three WAC505 for less than 200 USD or a tri-radio WAC540 for about the same price tag - while other vendors easily ask for 1000...1500 USD per AP (with some years cloud management coverage).

Message 2 of 5
Aussie_Warrior
Aspirant

Thanks for your assistance but if I can get the answer to the first question then the others will fall into place.

The Q being:  "Where can I find the Antennae Radiation Patterns (Smith charts) for these units for installation purposes?"

Can anybody else shed some light here?

Message 3 of 5
Aussie_Warrior
Aspirant

Thanks for your replies, however after reading another thread on a similar issue I decided to raise a support ticket.  The assistance I recieved from Nicco RE: Smith charts was exceptional.  Many thanks.

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello fellow community members,

Attached here is the document about the WAC540 Radiation Pattern.  Feel free to download it. 🙂 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements