× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC720 Facebook WIFI login cannot show the cover photo and profile photo

cyric
Aspirant

WAC720 Facebook WIFI login cannot show the cover photo and profile photo

Trying the use the Facebook WIFI login function but all devices IOS android and windows cannot show the cover photo and profile photo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t69ufw16y99l17k/facebook%20wifi.JPG?dl=0

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: WAC720 Facebook WIFI login cannot show the cover photo and profile photo

Hi Cyric

For now we have CLI command to add this entry manually. You can use the forllowing  cli command 

add cp-walled-garden <cp_mfb2> wg-host scontent.fhkg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net.  <cp_mfb2> this can be any name for your reference.

Let me know if it resolves your issue or not.

Thanks

Raghu

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

It might be beacuse of less  speed. Can you please click on the Check in button to see you are able to see the profile pictures?

Thanks

Raghu

Message 2 of 9
cyric
Aspirant

It should able to see it if you clicked check in because you have done the login process and have internet access right. However my point is before the user click it, they will expect to see what they are going check in.

In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeKl90Ewzxg it can see the cover photo and profile photo before check in.

Best Regards,

Cyric

Message 3 of 9
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Cyric,

Could you please let you know -Are you seeing this issue always irrespective your internet bandwidth?

Have you tried connecting your wilress client to 5 GHz radio ? To understand more we may need packet capture ( from connecting client to complete signing into facebook)

Thanks

Raghu

Message 4 of 9
cyric
Aspirant

Hi Raghu,

I have move the WAC720 direct connect to the R9000 router and the broadband speed is 100Mbps with average 70-90Mbps if using computer direct connect. Using 5GHz and got the same result.

Then try another brand with facebook login feature and got the same result. After checking the image URL and added this domain "scontent.fhkg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net" at their walled garden, the profile image can show properly.

Will this issuse because of walled garden?

Thanks

Cyric

Message 5 of 9
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Yes you are right. scontent.fhkg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net is not there in our current walled garden entries. We have some plans to address this in upcoming release. I hope for now your issue is resolved by adding this entry manually. Feel free to reach us for any further questions/calrifications.

You can use the forllowing  cli command 

add cp-walled-garden <cp_mfb2> wg-host scontent.fhkg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net.  <cp_mfb2> this can be any name for your reference.

Thanks

Raghu

Message 6 of 9
cyric
Aspirant

The issue still haven't resolve even I have add that domain on my gateway walled garden because it still block by the WAC720.

Looking forward to the new release.

Thanks

Cyric

Message 7 of 9
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Cyric

For now we have CLI command to add this entry manually. You can use the forllowing  cli command 

Let me know if it resolves your issue or not.

Thanks

Raghu

Message 8 of 9
cyric
Aspirant

Hi Raghu,

It can show all image now, thank you so much.

Thanks

Cyric

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements