× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAC720 Factory reset doesn't work

brianford
Tutor

WAC720 Factory reset doesn't work

Help,

I connected one of my WAC720 to a Netgear WC7600, i scanned for new devices and found the AP, when i added it, the AP rebooted and that is it, now i have the power / test light flashing amber about 2 times every second. I connected a second Ap and exactly the same, so not i have 2 AP that are not working.

I attempted a Factory reset, but the light continues to flash,   I have 15 more of these APs to set up but i do not want to connect any more untill i sort out these 2.

Any help would be appriciated

Brian

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @brianford ,

Do you have a DHCP server these AP's can get an IP address from? 

If not, that will cause the AP's to go into a reboot loop. When they run the lite firmware they run in DHCP client mode and will not stay UP unless there is a DHCP server. If you don't have DHCP server setup right now you can use the inbuilt one on the WC7600 - see page 107 of the user manual 

Thanks

DavidGo

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Not really a WAC720 issue - the controller (WC7600 here) does push a "light" firmware when taking over control of a WAC, and that seems to have gone wrong why ever. @RaghuHR  please 

Message 2 of 6
brianford
Tutor

Does this mean that the APs are now "Bricked"

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@brianford wrote:

Does this mean that the APs are now "Bricked"

At least some recovery might be required at this point. It's a smart decision not to bring more of the WAC720 into risk. If this is a new installation, get in touch with the Netgear customer service via https://my.netgear.com/ .

Message 4 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @brianford ,

Do you have a DHCP server these AP's can get an IP address from? 

If not, that will cause the AP's to go into a reboot loop. When they run the lite firmware they run in DHCP client mode and will not stay UP unless there is a DHCP server. If you don't have DHCP server setup right now you can use the inbuilt one on the WC7600 - see page 107 of the user manual 

Thanks

DavidGo

Message 5 of 6
brianford
Tutor

Many thanks to DavidGo,  it was the lack of DHCP Server, set this up any all sorted, now looking for my next hurdle  8-)

Thanks to all for suggestions

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements