× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC720 Stability Issues

alfrede3
Tutor

WAC720 Stability Issues

I have posted this issue before thinking I had a solution.  Have to cycle power on both of my WAC720 access points at least once per week.  We have tried different firmware versions, setting specific wireless channels, default settings.  Just cannot figure out how to make these devices reliable.  Two devices running in Ensemble mode with same SSID. 

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WAC720 Stability Issues

Hi alfrede3, 

It's great to hear that! There must be something wrong with the ensemble mode. I think it's safe to say that we can now mark the post as resolved, I'd like to suggest to you to mark the appropriate post on the thread as "Accept as Solution" so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello alfrede3, 

It would be better if you open a ticket with our Support Team. I do not see a logged issue similar to what you are experiencing, it is best to let the engineers check if this is a bug or an isolated issue. They may ask you to run a network diagnostic software (like Wireshark) and send the captures to them so that they will identify the issue. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 8
thcheng
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

What you described is definetely not what is expected.  WAC720 is quite a stable product, and if you have to reboot once a week, it is definetely not a normal behavior.  I don't know your network.  Are you powering the AP with power adapter or PoE.  If you are using a power adapter, did you use the one that is recommended to be purchased as an accessory for this AP.  Note that the power adapter that normally comes with the other NETGEAR AP's are not strong enough to power the WAC720.

Our support can definetely help you.

Cheers,

Thomas

Message 3 of 8
alfrede3
Tutor

Talked to Netgear support yesterday.  We pulled the AP's out of ensemble mode.  So far so good.

Message 4 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi alfrede3, 

Let it run for about a week and see if it will be stable. We'll look forward to your update. 

Thanks,

Message 5 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi alfrede3, 

Any updates for us? 

Thanks,

Message 6 of 8
alfrede3
Tutor

As of right now no failure since turning off ensemble mode.  Thank you!

Message 7 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi alfrede3, 

It's great to hear that! There must be something wrong with the ensemble mode. I think it's safe to say that we can now mark the post as resolved, I'd like to suggest to you to mark the appropriate post on the thread as "Accept as Solution" so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements