× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC720 WDS not stable

redtech116
Aspirant

WAC720 WDS not stable

The WDS between two WAC720 will stop working for a minute or two and come back a few times a day

the log states

[Nov 29 2016 10:29:41] [info] hostapd[6299] STA 2c:30:33:08:a2:c0 deauthed from BSSID 2c:30:33:08:9f:40 reason 2: Previous authentication no longer valid
[Nov 29 2016 10:29:41] [info] hostapd[6299] STA 2c:30:33:08:a2:c0 deauthed from BSSID 2c:30:33:08:9f:40 reason 1: Unspecified Reason
[Nov 29 2016 09:15:56] [info] hostapd[6299] STA 2c:30:33:08:a2:c0 deauthed from BSSID 2c:30:33:08:9f:40 reason 1: Unspecified Reason

I re-setup the bridges with new setting..but still will randomly drop the connection.

when it is up I am getting very good speeds!

thanks Glenn

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WAC720 WDS not stable

@redtech116,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  

If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi redtech116,

As far as I know, there is no issue on the WAC720 like what you have described on your initial post.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Are the 2 WAC720 within line of sight to each other?  

b. What is the distance between the 2 WAC720? 

c. How are the 2 WAC720 deployed?  Are both mounted on the ceiling or on the side wall?

d. Are there any other wireless networks present within the area where the 2 WAC720 are deployed? 

e. What is the current firmware version of the 2 WAC720? 

f. Since you have tried to re-setup the 2 WAC720 and still the same problem, have you tried to perform a factory reset on both APs then reconfigure it from scratch then observe if same problem will occur? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 10
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Glenn

Additional to Dane questions would it be possible to share the following info?

1. Country settings

2. On which radio you are seeing this issue?

3. Are you seeing the issue on both radios?

Thanks

Raghu

Message 3 of 10
redtech116
Aspirant

A. no, there are some walls

b. 70ft

c.both seated on a shelf

d. a bunch

e. the most current that is on netgears site 3.6.12.0 i think

f. thats my next step. and moving one AP to an outdoo enclosure and using some external ant.

Message 4 of 10
redtech116
Aspirant

1. both the same NA-NORTH AMERICA (USA) PACIFIC TIME)

2. the scond ap point

3 no just loosing the ping on the second

Message 5 of 10
redtech116
Aspirant

Just changed the the 2.4ghz channel to 1 from 11 also..see how it fairs today..

am using the 2.4ghz / channel 1 for the WDS between the access points also..

Message 6 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi redtech116,

Just want to follow-up on this.  What are your observations when you changed the channel from 01 to 11 within the 2.4GHz band?  Also, were you able to perform a factory reset on both APs then reconfigure it from scratch then observe if same problem will occur? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@redtech116,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  

If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 10
redtech116
Aspirant

it's not dropping anymore..still having a few episodes a day where pings will get slow and some packetloss but it returnes to normal in a minute or two..

I am going to be moving it outdoors an enclosure..I think it should solve the issues.

I have not done a full cleanout and re-setup.

Message 9 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi redtech116,

Thanks for the update! 🙂   I am glad that its not dropping anymore.  

Feel free to post your concerns here in the community.

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements