× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC720 behavior when lost connection to controller

JCC83
Aspirant

WAC720 behavior when lost connection to controller

Not seeing a clear answer.  If a WAC720 looses communication to the controller (WC7500) what behavior occurs?  Will it loose function immediately?  Can it continue to handle traffic just no managment?  

I have a WAC720 across a site-to-site VPN that has had occasional downtime of 20 mins or so.  Does not appear to have anything to do with connection to internet or VPN as the VPN has no recorded downtime.  Most of the downtime has been during off hours so no harm, but I would like to know why I am getting random 20 minute periods of downtime 1-2 a day when Internet has not dropped and VPN tunnel to control has remain established.  

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Re: WAC720 behavior when lost connection to controller

Hi,

When the WAC720 looses connectivity to the controller (WC7500), it will still serve the existing clients until 30 Mins. In this time it will not accept the new client associations. Within 30 mins if the communication resumes then users will be able to connect the new clients and the data path will work fine. If the communication doesn't resume for 30 mins, it will bringdown all the network interfaces and all the existing wireless clients will drop their connection.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
LaxmankumarG
NETGEAR Expert

Re: WAC720 behavior when lost connection to controller

Hi,

When the WAC720 looses connectivity to the controller (WC7500), it will still serve the existing clients until 30 Mins. In this time it will not accept the new client associations. Within 30 mins if the communication resumes then users will be able to connect the new clients and the data path will work fine. If the communication doesn't resume for 30 mins, it will bringdown all the network interfaces and all the existing wireless clients will drop their connection.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements