× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC720 locking up again

ratherman
Tutor

WAC720 locking up again

We have (4) locations - all running firmware 3.9.0.3:

location A:  (1) WAC720 - no problems

Ensembles

location B:  (2) WAC720's - no issues at this time

location C:  (4) WAC720's - was fine for quite a while - now starting to have two specific units locking up atleast once a week

location 😧  (5) WAC720's - 2-3 of these that are locking up all the time.

I just don't understand why these are so problematic - I am tired of fighting through firmware revisions and spending my time troubleshooting/testing.  Solution??

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
ratherman
Tutor

Re: WAC720 locking up again

I have been working extensively with support on this - at this point we are running a beta image that appears to be working good.  We have been on it for roughly two weeks with no lockups.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi John ,

What is different in location 5? Is that wireless environment too congested? How many wireless stations are connecting here?

Please download the detailed logs from all the APs from this location and share with us.

Need to understand more " locking up" -you mean wireless drop or AP in hung state? If AP is in hung stage then are you seeing all LEDs are blinking? Are you able to take SSH/ access web UI to these APs?  Have you configured static channel for the members APs?

Please share the configurations of the APs as well.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 12
ratherman
Tutor

Only about 10-12 wireless stations connected.

When I say locking up - similar to problems we have had in the past - lights 1/3/5 on solid - cannot ping the units.The ensemble is setup to autoassign the channels.

How can I upload the logs?

Message 3 of 12
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

You can upload to google drive or any similar tool. You can send me link via PM.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 4 of 12
ratherman
Tutor

I put them on our FTP site - sent you a PM - please let me know after you downloaded them so I can remove them...

Message 5 of 12
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

yes I downloaded them. Thanks. I see only one AP logs in the ftp location. Is that the only one AP is having the issue? If not upload all the APs logs so that we can get more info.

Regards,

Raghu

Message 6 of 12
ratherman
Tutor

That was from the IP address of the management interface - was hoping that would include the logs for all units - I just uploaded the logs from two of the problem units.

Message 7 of 12
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Yes I downloaded all of them. We will take a look at those and come back to you.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 8 of 12
ratherman
Tutor

I just uploaded two more files for you - I locked up these two units (ensemble consists of 4); atleast 2-3 times this past weekend.  As I walked between the location of the two units with my Motorola Force Z2 phone - it would lock them up.

Message 9 of 12
ratherman
Tutor

Any update on this - tired on restarting them...

Message 10 of 12
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @ratherman

We are working on your issue. I will update here once we know the root cause & solutions if any.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 11 of 12
ratherman
Tutor

I have been working extensively with support on this - at this point we are running a beta image that appears to be working good.  We have been on it for roughly two weeks with no lockups.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements