× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC720 not registered

RSH_nomad
Tutor

WAC720 not registered

Hi all,

I encounter a problem with one of my WAC720. I use business central to control my wireless network and my 3 WAC720.

To isolate my production, guest and byod networks, I set different VLAN for the different SSID.

The voucher portal doesn't work if there is no WAC720 in the guest LAN so I put one in the network. Since then, it doesn't appear as registered in the business central view (in the top right corner in the configuration page). The other two works fine and apply VLAN correctly. They are also mark as registered.

All SSID provides by the one in the guest network provides access to the guest LAN.

The all three WAC720 has the same access to internet.

I don't know what to do to see my WAC registered in BC and i don't know if it will resolve my problem.

Anyone could help?

Thanks in advance,

Maxime

Model: WAC720|2x2 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: WAC720 not registered

Hi Maxime,

We have an entry for this SN: 4D7466EB0012D in our database. For now we have deleted so that you can register again. Could you please try again and share your feedback?

Thanks

Raghu

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

We are checking your account internally and update you. 

Thanks

Raghu

Message 2 of 6
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Maxime

It looks like you have you *may* not have checked the box to 'register' the device when adding into Business Central.  We suggest you to delete and re-add the device, ensure that you have checked the register box.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 3 of 6
RSH_nomad
Tutor

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for your help.

I just tried to re-register the WAC.

I could delete it without problem and I unconfigured the BC configuration on the WAC.

When I registered it on the BC, I entered the SN, the name, checked the register and let my purchase date on today. I saved and I saw an error message :

Unable to register device: Serial number [SN here] already registered

The WAC was back in my listed devices after that.

I configured the BC on the WAC and the BC showed me the information about the WAC (MAC address, IP, SN, etc).

Maybe you can do something on your side.

Best regards,

Maxime

Message 4 of 6
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Maxime,

We have an entry for this SN: 4D7466EB0012D in our database. For now we have deleted so that you can register again. Could you please try again and share your feedback?

Thanks

Raghu

Message 5 of 6
RSH_nomad
Tutor

Hi Raguh,

This works. I re-registered the WAC and all gone right.

All my SSID are correctly using their VLAN.

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements