× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAC720 web interface mixup after FW update

paulick
Aspirant

WAC720 web interface mixup after FW update

Hi there,

I tried to install a new WAC720 (from a Box of 3) and tried at first to update the Firmware to the actual level. As known, the default passwort printed on the backside of the box ("password") doesnt match to the new password rules "at least 8 chars, at least one Uppe case, one lower case, one digit"), so the new firmware asks to set a new password.

After setting this password and reconnect with tihs new password, i can still see the password dialog sitting in the website (see screenshot.

I tried to reflash the 3.91.0 firmware but this doesnt help.

Any Ideas?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
paulick
Aspirant

"....or any other browser?"  

Woha! this was the right hint. Seems to be sticky caches and css debris. Closing and reopening the Firefox didnt help, new tab didnt help, but a test from another computer works.  So the problem is not the firmware update but a dirty cache in my Firefox.

Problem solved. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @paulick Could you please share the firmware version before you upgrade to 3.9.1.0? Did you entered new password or have you tried to set the new password on the pop-up? Thanks, Raghu
Message 2 of 6
paulick
Aspirant

Hello RaghuHR,

Thank for trying to help. If I remember correctly, this was 3.7.11.  I have set an new customised password accordingly to the new rules. This is the passwort, that the Box now accept. So the dialog should vanish.

regards

paulick

Message 3 of 6
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Few follow-up questions. • In which firmware default password is modified? • Did the Login after the password change happened smoothly? • List of special characters in the Password? You can PM me. • Does this issue occurred only during the first login experience after Password change, or the user is unable to login always? • Does the scrambled UI is occurring even in the new tab also? or any other browser? Thanks, Raghu
Message 4 of 6
paulick
Aspirant

"....or any other browser?"  

Woha! this was the right hint. Seems to be sticky caches and css debris. Closing and reopening the Firefox didnt help, new tab didnt help, but a test from another computer works.  So the problem is not the firmware update but a dirty cache in my Firefox.

Problem solved. Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Glad that it worked on different browser. Please close this thread marking this as äccept as solution.

Have a good day!

Raghu

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements