WAC730 Boots and looks good, cannot configure

martinav
Guide

WAC730 Boots and looks good, cannot configure

I have a seemingly working WAC730.  I performed a factory reset.  I then boot the AP, and all of the lights come on.  I look at my wireless radios, and I see the default SSID for the AP.  My PC can connect to the AP.  I am unable to get my pc to get into the web interface to configure the AP.  I also have a WC7500 controller.  I do a scan for factory fresh APs, and it does not appear.  I have many other APs, and they function normally in my setup, and I have no problem getting on them to configure.  Anyone have any ideas??

Thank you.

Model: WAC730|3x3 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WAC730 Boots and looks good, cannot configure

Hi @martinav,

Since you have already factory reset the WAC730 and able to connect to the default SSID but unable to access its web-GUI, here are the steps below if you want to configure the WAC730 as a standalone AP:

1. Disconnect the WAC730 from the existing network.

2. Connect a PC/laptop directly to the LAN port of the WAC730.  Just the WAC730 and the PC/laptop connected to each other.

3. Assign a static IP address of 192.168.0.210 to the PC/laptop.

4. Open a browser such as Chrome or Firefox.  Type 192.168.0.100 at the address bar then press Enter.  Type 'admin' and 'password' for the username and password respectively without quotation marks and in lowercase letters to login to the web-GUI. 

Note: The default IP address of the WAC730 is 192.168.0.100.

5. Now that you are logged-in, configure the settings you want in the WAC730.  It would be best to set a static IP address tot he WAC730 that is within the IP range of your existing network.  Kindly read pages 23-24 of the WAC730 user manual here on how to configure IPv4 settings.

If ever you want to add the WAC730 to the WC7500 wireless controller, kindly access the articles below and use it as your reference guide:

How to discover local access points using WC7500

Requirements for Autodiscovery of Remote Access Points using WC7500

Note: If ever your WAC730 is on firmware version 3.5.6.0 or a later version, by default, Business Central mode (also referred to as cloud mode) is enabled.  If you want to use the WAC730 either as a standalone access point or as an access point with a wireless controller, you must disable Business Central mode.  As reference, kindly read pages 19-20 of the WAC730 user manual here on how to disable Business Central mode.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
martinav
Guide

Yes, I am very familiar with that method.  I have attempted that as well.  Please note I have a WC7500 controller.  Scanning the network should find the AP after a factory reset.  It does not.  I guess this AP is trashed?

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

@martinav,

Were you able to access and read the articles I have shared?  If not yet, kindly read it because the requirements for discovery of the access points are enumerated there.

What is the current firmware version of the WAC730? 

For further assistance, I suggest you to open a chat or online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
martinav
Guide

Well, I dont know why I even asked.  Last ditch effort, I suppose.  I have done more than the articles.  I have even used putty via console mode to no avail.  I confirm my methods using other working access points.  Its dead.  I sold it on ebay for $50. 

Since I bought it on ebay, it is somehow diseased and support wont touch it.  I get it... but I also dont... 

Anyway,

Thanks for trying.

Rod

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements