× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC730 Ensemble firmware upgrade issue - Access Denied

Chris480
Aspirant

WAC730 Ensemble firmware upgrade issue - Access Denied

I've just  upgraded my WAC730 AP's ensemble from 3.9.0.3 to 3.9.1.0 when I try and log on now I get the following message after entering the log on credentials. 

400 Bad Request

[Access Denied] Third party application is trying to access AP

Any ideas how to get around this?

Thx

Chris

Model: WAC730|3x3 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: WAC730 Ensemble firmware upgrade issue - Access Denied

@Chris480  That is correct.

there is no option to set the FQDN in Configuration>Ensemble->Managment (IP address) this has to be in the form 192.168.x.x

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@Chris480   Can you confirm if you have configured DNS name to your AP in 3.9.3.0? If yes please configure your DNS name in FQDN and see if you are able to access or not.

Also share your AP configuration.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 7
Chris480
Aspirant

Thanks for replying. following on from your suggestion I have found that I can log into the WAC730 if I put the address in the form 192.168.x.x . However, if I use wireless1.gnome.co.uk. I get the login page but putting in the username and password I get the 

400 Bad Request

[Access Denied] Third party application is trying to access AP

I have both forward and reverse lookup in the DNS I have also tried clearing the browser cache but it did not make any difference. But at least I can get in now.  As I said it was fine with 3.9.0.3 but I got this problem as soon as I upgraded to 3.9.1.0

Chris

Message 3 of 7
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@Chris480  Please configure wireless1.gnome.co.uk on the FQDN config page. Please refer the attached screen where you can configure this. After this you can access your AP using the DNS name. Hope it resolves.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 4 of 7
Chris480
Aspirant

Hi,

Many thanks this has fixed the direct access to the AP's via FQDN. However, one last problem remains which is that you can set the IP Address to Manage Ensemble (IPv4). If you go to the FQDN for this then you get the same error as before. I assume this is because there is no option to set the FQDN in Configuration>Ensemble->Managment (IP address) this has to be in the form 192.168.x.x

Thx

Chris

Message 5 of 7
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@Chris480  That is correct.

there is no option to set the FQDN in Configuration>Ensemble->Managment (IP address) this has to be in the form 192.168.x.x

Message 6 of 7
Chris480
Aspirant

Ok. Many thanks for your time. Worth adding the FQDN for the ensemble in a future release.

Chris

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements