× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAC730 time

masc12
Aspirant

WAC730 time

Hi! I have a very strange problem. I'm using 5 WAC730 in ensemble mode. One access point has a very strange wrong date (Fri May 11 2018). I cannot change the date/time. I also tried to disconnect from ensemble, but doesn't work either. Of course i tried all different options like 

"Use Custom NTP Server" (with a related server) and even changed the time zone. This of course leads to a different time, but the date keeps the same. All other AP work without problems

Some curious thing i found out is, that the MAC of each WAC730 starts with B0:7F:B9 except the one with the problem, which starts with 2C:30:33. The syslog logs of course also store the wrong date! Really annoying! How can i change the time?!

Model: WAC730|3x3 Wireless-AC Access Points
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
masc12
Aspirant

Re: WAC730 time

Netgear support analyzed my logs and found out that one AP has diactivated DHCP and thus the DNS were wrong on this AP. After activating DHCP (and ensuring the DNS has determined accordingly) all worked as expected. Thank you

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi masc12, Could you please download & send your AP configurations. Also we need detailed logs. You can upload into google drive and send me link via PM. Thanks, Raghu
Message 2 of 3
masc12
Aspirant

Netgear support analyzed my logs and found out that one AP has diactivated DHCP and thus the DNS were wrong on this AP. After activating DHCP (and ensuring the DNS has determined accordingly) all worked as expected. Thank you

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements