ShemyaNet
Aspirant

WAC740 needs scheduled (daily) reboot.

Hope this is the right place to ask my question.

I have 60 WAC740's installed running off of 2 WC7600 V2 controllers.

About 4 of these AP's are having issues after about 24 hours and needs to be rebooted.  

They are NOT showing any problems logging into the AP's or looking at them through the controller GUI.

Only some of the connected devices to the affected AP's will just sit forever and never get to the page that you requested.

A reboot fixes the issue and all devices start to work fine at least for a day.

Is there a way to schedule a daily reboot just for the 4 problems WAC740 AP's ???

Any help is appreciated

Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: WAC740 needs scheduled (daily) reboot.

Can you check by SSH access to the WAC740 (I think this is possible) by using # top if one core is going on high (50%) sirq load? The problem does read similar to what we experience on the WAC730, probably caused by having Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) enabled in QoS.

Message 2 of 6
ShemyaNet
Aspirant

So are you talking about going directly into the AP or through the controller.  I am not clear on what you would like me to do.

Apptreciate the help.

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Direct to the WAC740 if possible. In any case, this is something for Netgear @RaghuHR 

Message 4 of 6
ShemyaNet
Aspirant

This is a snapshot of the opening screen directly on the WAC740.

I see nowhere to look at anything you mentioned.

Again, thanks the help

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 6
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @ShemyaNet 

We need the below information on this case to debug:
1. Logs of 2 APs when AP goes to issue state before rebooting and mac address of connected client.
2. Logs of 1 AP which is working fine without any issues.
3. Controller logs and backup with credentials.
4. Syslog to see the client activity with different APs. If possible also get packet capture.
5. Few queries we have regarding this, when AP is in this state . What is the behavior with client?
-> Is client got disconnected and not able to connect back?
-> Is client remains connected but not able to access internet and new clients are able to connect but with no internet?
-> Is client remains connected but not able to access internet and new clients are also not able to connect?

We are planning to schedule reboot in our upcmoing releases. No ETA yet.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements