× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAG102 - Solid Test LED post firmware update

AnotherITGuy
Aspirant

WAG102 - Solid Test LED post firmware update

Hi All,

I have inherited a WAG102 ProSafe and require it so support a few offsite colleagues.

I successfully factory reset the device, set it up and then started to add the firmware, in release order. It failed on the last firmware update - Firmware to Convert WAG102 to WAGL102 - Version 1.5.9 (North America)

I am now getting a solid PWR and solid TEST LED (As well as SOLID 802.11a LED)

I cant ping or see the device. (IP on laptop is 192.168.0.220) IP on the router before firmware updates was 192.168.0.232 and I could see the admin page, log-in and had even set all the SSID's etc!!

I have tried to hard reset (with the LAN cable removed, reset button pressed for 30s, power removed (while still holding reset button) then powering back up with reset button still depressed for a further 30s and still getting a SOLID test LED after this process.

I am stumped - anyone got any ideas? They would very much be appreciated 

Thanks in advance,

Model: WAG102|ProSafe Dual Band Access Point
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
AnotherITGuy
Aspirant

Hi John,

I've tried all the steps I could find before posting here - nothing has changed - still SOLID TEST and PWR.

As I mentioned, we inherited the kit - I believe the vendor who sold it to the organisation I work for do not exist any longer.

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy in a new one.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@AnotherITGuy,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

You already tried to do a hard reset which is the 30-30 seconds sequence. If the PWR and TEST LED still stay solid then you may need to contact our support. Please be ready with a copy of Proof of Purchase or Invoice of the device for warranty verification. If ever the device is still under warranty, an online replacement will be provided immediately.

Please close the thread by clicking the "Accept as solution".

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
AnotherITGuy
Aspirant

Hi John,

I've tried all the steps I could find before posting here - nothing has changed - still SOLID TEST and PWR.

As I mentioned, we inherited the kit - I believe the vendor who sold it to the organisation I work for do not exist any longer.

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy in a new one.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements