× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX 610 Password

dassys
Aspirant

WAX 610 Password

We have 4 WAX610 devices with Firmware 10.3.2.2. A technician did not document the password and now we can't Access the single APs Website. I resettet the insights password and I know in the other sites I can connect using the insight password. But in this case it is not working. I restartet alle Access Points and hoped the password would work but no success.

Is there anything I could try besides from resetting the APs?

The local admin wants to look into the APs, so that is the reason for this question.

Best regards,

Bernd

Message 1 of 5
NiveditaP
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WAX 610 Password

Hello @dassys

And welcome to the NETGEAR Community! 🙂 
Could you please try with the default username and password i.e. 'admin' and 'password'.

Have a lovely day, 
NiveditaPa
Netgear Team 

Message 2 of 5
dassys
Aspirant

I tried but it did not work. We have two other sites where the password and the login password match. 

Any other ideas?

I did a firmware update and restarted the devices, but no change.

Message 3 of 5
NiveditaP
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @dassys 

The Other idea is please try to access the UI of the device with the password (password of the Network or location to which your device is/was added to).

Have a lovely day,
NiveditaPa
Netgear Team

Message 4 of 5
abacqdghfth
Guide

If the WAX610 are managed by Insight.  Then the Location's "Device admin password" needs to be used on WAX610 local UI.

you can find out the password by logging into Insight account and going to the location.

abacqdghfth_0-1677829230139.png

abacqdghfth_1-1677829302789.png

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements