× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX204 LAN ports not working

TeamForge
Follower

WAX204 LAN ports not working

Hi community,

I use a WiFi 6 AX1800 Dual band wireless access point WAX 204 (I'll refer to it as WAX 204 from now one) for my small business wifi. The wifi itselfs works like a charm. No issues there. But the LAN ports on the WAX 204 don't seem to work. When I connect my laptop with a cable to the WAX 204 it says "unknown network".

For your information:

• The WAX 204 is connected to a FRITZ!BOX 7590. On that device high speed optical fiber internet is coming in;
    • The FRITZbox is the main internet connection point in a building with a number of small business like mine. We share this internetpoint. For that reason I bought the WAX 204 to create my own "privat" WiFi network;
    • The WAX 204 is connected to the FRITZ!BOX with an ethernet cable;
  • The WAX 204 operates in ROUTER modus;
  • All lights (incl LAN) on the front of the WAX 204 are green;
  • Firmware is the latest: V1.0.2.0.
  • I tried disconnecting the power and restarted the device;
  • I've even reset to factory settings;

As said before, WiFi is working as it should. We have hight speed internet connection and no issues there. It's just when I connect a small server (or my laptop) to one of the four LAN ports of the WAX 204 it doesn't receive any signal.

I've been struggling now for a couple of hours, but with no success.

Hopefully somebody can point me into the right direction.

Thanks for your help and thoughts in advance!

Kind regards,

Roderick

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: WAX204 LAN ports not working

If you're running the WAX and the fritzbox in router mode, it causes a double nat. some devices play nicely with double nat's but not all. 

Try going into your fritzbox and putting the WAX's IP address into the fritzbox's DMZ. 

https://en.avm.de/service/knowledge-base/dok/FRITZ-Box-7590/131_Setting-up-a-DMZ-with-the-FRITZ-Box/

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements