× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX206 fails in AP mode (new thread)

corton
Follower

WAX206 fails in AP mode (new thread)

I have a WAX206 configured in AP mode.  My network is pretty simple and straightforward.  Ubiquiti ERLite3 is the router/firewall at 192.168.168.1 on the internal network.  ISP is Comcast business with a single static IP that is programmed into the external port of the Ubiquiti.   Internal ethernet is a 16 port D-Link gigabit unmanaged switch. The WAX206 is configured as an AP with a static IP of 192.168.168.246.  DHCP on the network is provided by Windows Server 2019 and the DHCP range is 192.168.168.100 through .199.  Both the WAX206 and the Ubiquiti ERLite-3 are plugged into the D-Link Switch using 3ft ethernet cables.  I've tried the WAN port and each of the LAN ports on the WAX206 without it making any difference in the failure.

The failure mode is as follows.  The WAX206 is configured with 3 SSID's.  After a day or so of normal operation, anything connected to the WAX206 through any of the SSID's will lose Wi-Fi connection.  The only way to get Wi-Fi  to function again is to power cycle the WAX206.  After that the system will work just fine until the next time it fails, again requiring a power cycle.  I notice that the blue 5ghz light on the WAX206 stops blinking and is a steady blue when the unit is in failure mode.

I've not tried it in Router mode, as I don't need a router. I purchased the WAX206 to function as an AP.

My failure is similar to another thread called "WAX206 fails in AP mode".  So as to not thread jump I started my own thread.  

Since there are at least a few of us experiencing this issue it sure does seem that Netgear has some firmware work to do on the WAX206.  I've tried a factory reset and reflashing of the firmware 1.0.4.0 with no improvement in the situation.

Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WAX206 fails in AP mode (new thread)

@corton,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 😞  Since you have already tried to factory reset your WAX206 as well as reflashing the firmware of it and still the same problem,  I advise you to open a support ticket with the NETGEAR Support Team here at anytime for further technical assistance.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements