× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX214 Cannot Set Transmit Power

twelvexs
Initiate

WAX214 Cannot Set Transmit Power

2 WAX214 APs within property. Want to adjust transmit power for coverage as needed. Updated firmware to 1.0.3.3.

No issues with connectivity or dropping connections, but management window will not allow me to clear the Auto RF so I can select the transmit power pulldown for either 2.4 or 5GHz radios.

This seemed to be avaialble on OOB firmware. 

Do I need to change the Location (country) so that I can manage the power settings?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: WAX214 Cannot Set Transmit Power

Justs reinstalled my WAX218 to test it.

I'm on firmware version 1.0.3.2 and it wouldn't work either. 

Upgraded to 1.0.3.3 and did a factory reset/reinstall but that didn't help either. 

@BretD @ChristineT 

Message 2 of 6
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @twelvexs

I've asked @JohnC_V  to check on this and escalate the issue to our internal teams for further investigation. 

@plemans , Thanks for the shout out! 🙂

@JohnC_V   - Please update this thread with your findings and offer any possible solution(s) if available.

Cheers,

ChristineT

Message 3 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@twelvexs,

As per checking, under firmware 1.0.2.3 release notes:

New Features and Enhancements:

• Now Auto RF is enabled always for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios. Manual transmit power selection is not supported.

This was also raised as a feature request for WAX214 to be able to change the transmission power manually.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
twelvexs
Initiate

@JohnC_V 

Thanks for the reply. I didn't read that release note unfortunately as I went straight to the 1.0.3.3 firmware that's on the web here. That release didn't have that information.

Thanks again and hopefully it's modification capability will be considered in a future firmware release.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

@twelvexs Looks like transmit power control for wax214/218 was added on the latest firmware. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000063931/WAX214-Firmware-Version-2-0-1-2?article=000063931

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WAX214.aspx

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements