× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX214 constant losing CONFIG_ONLY_SSID network

Thomasss
Follower

WAX214 constant losing CONFIG_ONLY_SSID network

Hey, I have a Wifi 6 AX1800 Dual Band PoE Acces Point Model WAX214.
When connecting to the CONFIG_ONLY_SSID  network for setup, the aplogin.net screen opens up in my browser.
However the connection with the CONFIG_ONLY_SSID is lost immediately when the screens opens up.
Tried a macbook pro and an ipone11, both have this problem. Also tried resetting a few times.

Can someone help me out please?

Message 1 of 3
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WAX214 constant losing CONFIG_ONLY_SSID network

@Thomasss,

Welcome to the community! 

Is the WAX214 being powered on via PoE or power adapter? Have you also tried a different computer (maybe a WIndows computer if possible) or a different browser?

If it's still the same issue, you can try connecting the WAX214 to your router and access its admin page to setup the AP (please refer to page 29 here on how to do so).

Regards, 

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: WAX214 constant losing CONFIG_ONLY_SSID network

Alternate to using the wireless access to start with, I would check the router for the WAX214 LAN IP address. This should be visible under the router attached devices list or the like, compare the MAC address on the access point label. While connected to your network by Ethernet or the wireless (no the WAX214), use the browser and access from the browser using the IP address discovered above, and start the configuration from here.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements