× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX214 transmit power

da_chevalier
Aspirant

WAX214 transmit power

Hello,

I've ordered the European version of the WAX214 access point but customs are asking me to provide informations about the frequency range it uses and the transmit power (dbm / mW).

I coult not find these informations in the documentation.

Could someone provide me with an official document?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: WAX214 transmit power

@da_chevalier wrote:

I've been through those documents already but customs here want a document stating the transmit power and frequencies for this model, not just the standards it coforms to.

French customs are quite peaky about radio frequencies...

These standards compliance papers are the (only) legal paperwork required for importing the CE designated model (WAX214-100EUP) device into any ETSI country. The standards define the channels, bandwidth, signal levels, ... Customs isn't a certification body and are not required to do technical evaluation of ETSI compliant devices.  This isn't some kind of junk hardware with questionable status where almost anything can be printed on a box, including fake CE marks and the like.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Netgear offers all EU/CE paperwork readily available from -> EU Declarations of Conformity 

The current WAX214 CE Declaration of Conformity does include all references to the applicable standards.

Curious which country you are importing to - the CE mark and the DoC should include everything they need to know.

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Here the current WAX214 CE DoC - this is everything customs need to know:

WAC214 Netgear CE DoC.PNG

Isn't this supplied with each AP in the box?

Message 3 of 5
da_chevalier
Aspirant

Thanks for your replies.

I've been through those documents already but customs here want a document stating the transmit power and frequencies for this model, not just the standards it coforms to.

Maybe that document is inside the package but I can't access it since customs stopped the package delivery and asked for radio specs before the french post can deliver me the goods.

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@da_chevalier wrote:

These standards compliance papers are the (only) legal paperwork required for importing the CE designated model (WAX214-100EUP) device into any ETSI country. The standards define the channels, bandwidth, signal levels, ... Customs isn't a certification body and are not required to do technical evaluation of ETSI compliant devices.  This isn't some kind of junk hardware with questionable status where almost anything can be printed on a box, including fake CE marks and the like.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements