× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAX610 Firmware update failed

texmex1978
Aspirant

WAX610 Firmware update failed

Hello

Netgear WAX610

Firmware: V9.6.0.7

I tried via insight app to upgrade the firmware to 10.2.0.16.   This upgrade started automatically after initially setting up the device.  The upgrade failed.   I tried it again a few more times in the Insight app and it continued to fail.  I then logged into the AP via the web gui.   I tried the "upgrade now" button, and a few moments later "firmware upgrade failed".   I then went on Netgear website and downloaded the 10.2.0.16 file, unzipped it to my computer.  Browsed to the folder, selected the TAR file.   Upgrade option was set to local, and pressed upgrade.   A few moments later a window popped up "downgrading firmware is not allowed from local web UI in insight mode".   

I rebooted the AP via the web gui, and tried both methods again, no luck.  

The AP is working properly, nice download speeds.  If this firmware release isn't super important i can wait.   If it is worth doing, then please send me a solution.   This is brand new out of the box installation.  

Message 1 of 5
texmex1978
Aspirant

Team

I would like to add i did a quick factory reset, ran through the same procedures again and got the same result.  I ran the reset via the web gui.   Same results of failed firmware upgrade.

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@texmex1978,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Let's try to update the firmware in a ladderized manner via its local web-GUI.  First update the firmware of your WAX610 from v9.6.0.7 to v9.6.1.5.  Then, update the firmware from v9.6.1.5 to v9.6.2.6 and so on until you reached the latest firmware v10.2.0.16.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
amaradevid
Star

Try these steps to resolve the issue 👇:

• Make sure that your devices connected to a fast internet connection.
  • Turn off the device and unplug it from the power source for a few minutes. Then, plug it back in and turn it on.
  • Go to the netgear website and download the latest firmware for your device.
  • Folow the instruction provided by netgear to update firmware manually using the downloaded file.

If these steps don not resolve the issue, you may need to contact Netgear Support for further assistance.

Message 4 of 5
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @texmex1978,

Are you still having issues updating the Firmware via the Insight App? or the Insight Web Portal Page? 

Kind regards,

BrianL

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements