× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX610 Mesh not working with Tagged VLANs

jsafr
Aspirant

WAX610 Mesh not working with Tagged VLANs

I have two wired WAX610s with 4 tagged vlans which has been working great. These two are hard wired back to my switch.  I just added a 3rd WAX610 in mesh mode with power supply to get a better reception where I don't have ethernet. The mesh setup configured fine and I can connect to the ssids but I never get an IP address on my device so I'm assumming it is the vlan tagging that is not fully being passed properly from the mesh mode AP to one of the root APs and ultimately to the switch/router. 

The AP itself can pull its own IP via dhcp or I can assign a static which is set on an untagged vlan.

Running firmware 9.2.0.7 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
jsafr
Aspirant

Re: WAX610 Mesh not working with Tagged VLANs

Maybe I just didn't wait long enough, but after pulling it back into my lab and letting sit for a little longer powered up, it appears to now be working correctly. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
jsafr
Aspirant

Re: WAX610 Mesh not working with Tagged VLANs

Maybe I just didn't wait long enough, but after pulling it back into my lab and letting sit for a little longer powered up, it appears to now be working correctly. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements