× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAX610 admin login page is blank

jaspercram
Guide

WAX610 admin login page is blank

I have two Netgear WAX610 accesspoints connected to a (non-netgear) managed switch. My modem is connected to the same switch. I configured the access points by hand. I didn't use Netgear Insight for the configuration. The setup works fine. Fast wireless internet everywhere in the house.

Since a couple of weeks, I cannot access the admin pages (aka web interface) of my access points. When I open the page in my browser ( <https://192.168.178.11> ), I get a security warning about unsafe https pages ("This connection is not private. Safari warns you when a website has a certificate that is not valid"). When I click the link "visit website" to ignore this warning, I get a completely blank page. I have this problem with

• Safari 14.0.3 on Mac OS 11.2.3 on a MacBook Air with M1
  • Chrome Version 89.0.4389.114 on Mac OS 11.2.3 on a MacBook Air with M1
  • Safari on iOS 14.4.2 on an iPhone XR
  • Safari on iPadOS 14.4.2 on an iPad Air

Is there a way to fix this and/or install a new firmware update?

Thanks,

Jasper

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
jaspercram
Guide

I had a zoom call with @RaghuHR . After a reboot of the AP, it worked. I then upgraded from v9.2.0.7 to v9.3.0.6 . Strange because I tried rebooting before and then it didn't help.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
jaspercram
Guide

For the record: If I look at the source of the page, there is a full HTML document but it seems all of it is hidden. I noted from the title that the page came from the Netgear WAX610 access point, but for some reason the title was commented out....

<head>
        <meta charset="UTF-8">
        <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">
        <meta name="description" content="">
        <meta name="keywords" content="">
        <meta http-equiv='cache-control' content='no-cache'>
        <meta http-equiv='expires' content='0'>
        <meta http-equiv='pragma' content='no-cache'>
		<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/png" href=""/>
        <!--<title>NETGEAR WAX610</title>-->
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/vendor.bundle.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/bootstrap.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/app.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/fullcalendar.min.css"></link>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/fullcalendar.print.min.css" media='print'></link>

Message 2 of 12
schumaku
Guru

@YeZ @DaneA please (ref. the non-rendering Web UI on current MacOS Safari and Chrome)

@jaspercram nothing wrong with the commented title statement.

Message 3 of 12
jaspercram
Guide

I have the same problem with Firefox 87.0 on Mac OS 11.2.3 on a MacBook Air with M1.

Would it be useful for me to check with different browsers and/or hardware? Could this be a browser compatibility problem. It seems unlikely to me.....

Message 4 of 12
schumaku
Guru

Have heard similar oddities from friends having migrated to M1 MacOS systems, all over the three common browsers, completely inedendant of the WAX UI. Things sometimes helping as workarounds is a forced reload or a private mode session. 

Message 5 of 12
jaspercram
Guide

Thanks for the suggestions. I now tried private windows, older hardware and hard reloads:

• Firefox 87.0 (private windowon Mac OS 11.2.3 on a MacBook Air with M1
  • Safari 14.0.3 (private windowon Mac OS 11.2.3 on a MacBook Air with M1
  • Chrome 89.0.4389.128 (incognito windowon Mac OS 11.2.3 on a MacBook Air with M1
  • Safari 14.0.2 on Mac OS 11.1 on a MacBook 12" early 2015
  • Firefox 87.0 (cmd-shift-Ron Mac OS 11.2.3 on a MacBook Air with M1
  • Safari 14.0.3 (reload page from originon Mac OS 11.2.3 on a MacBook Air with M1
  • Chrome 89.0.4389.128 (forced reloadon Mac OS 11.2.3 on a MacBook Air with M1

All of them showed a blank page.

Message 6 of 12
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jaspercram,

Based from the steps you have posted to isolate the problem, I suggest you to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime.  Kindly state your concern, include further details, and you may include the link to this forum thread. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 12
jaspercram
Guide

Thanks for your suggestion, @DaneA Unfortunately, I seem not to be entitled to technical support. See screenshot.

Message 8 of 12
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@jaspercram 

We are checking into your issue.  Please let me know if you are able to login  browser on non-iOS platoform?

Message 9 of 12
jaspercram
Guide

Very good news that you are looking into it!

I don't have a non-apple product in the house, but I will check if I can use a device of a neighbour.

If you need more info, I can give you my phone number in a private message if you want.

Message 10 of 12
jaspercram
Guide

The neighbour just came by. He gets the same blank page on Chrome on Windows 10 and Edge on Windows 10. Anything else I can check?

Message 11 of 12
jaspercram
Guide

I had a zoom call with @RaghuHR . After a reboot of the AP, it worked. I then upgraded from v9.2.0.7 to v9.3.0.6 . Strange because I tried rebooting before and then it didn't help.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements