× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAX610 ceiling mount incompatibility and advice

arainer
Aspirant

WAX610 ceiling mount incompatibility and advice

Hello,

I got pre-installed AP drops in my new house. I bought some NETGEAR WAX610 APs and I’m trying to mount them, but it seems like i don’t have a compatible fit. The holes are just 1/8” too far apart to slide on properly using the default holes. Using the mounting brackets is to no avail because no T-bar and the screw holes are way too close (unless I’m doing in wrong). What should i do? Is there some bracket converter I can buy?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Add an additional hole into the AP mounting plate, or extend one or both mount hopes by about 1.5 mm each.
Message 2 of 7
arainer
Aspirant

Hi, not sure if it is noticable in my photos, but the celling is a wide drop and the AP mounting plate is very small--smaller than the AP's mount holes.  Maybe I can fashion a thin piece of wood and put holes in it? I worry about the heat though so not sure if that is the best approach.

Message 3 of 7
schumaku
Guru

There is also a mounting plate supplied with the WAX 610 - I would make these two holes "fit" to this plate, and clip the WAX on it. 

Message 4 of 7
arainer
Aspirant

Thanks again for your response. Unless I am missing it, I do not think a mounting plate comes. All the accessories I have are in the OP images. Per NETGEAR guide for WAX610: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WAX610/WAX610_IG_EN.pdf

Looks like it does not. Can I buy one somewhere?

Message 5 of 7
schumaku
Guru

There are two mounting brackets in fact....

Mounting bracket with screw holes for
mounting to a solid ceiling or 15/16 in.
(23.8 mm) T-bar.

Thats the obe which should be adopted in my opinion.
Message 6 of 7
arainer
Aspirant

The brackets are much, much smaller than the mounting holes. There’s no way to modify the bracket to enlarge the space between the holes. If it was a plate i imagine I’d be a mounting platform that i could drill holes into.

I think I’ll try some hobby wood and drill into it…
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements