× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAX610 slow blinking amber after firmware update to 9.5.1.20

JonB16
Aspirant

WAX610 slow blinking amber after firmware update to 9.5.1.20

After upgrading to 9.5.1.20, the WAX610 stayed with a slow blinking amber light (I have never seen the fast blinking mentioned in the user guide for updating firmware) so I am assuming slow. In any case the WAX610 was not contactable. After directly connecting via a ethernet cable, I was able to connect, and the led was now green.

After a bit more try this/try that I have found that the slow blinking amber will always occur after a power cycle. If I then unplug the WAX610 from the ethernet port on the switch, and then plug it into a different port, the led goes green. If I repeat the power cycle, the same sequence has to be performed to get the led green again. So it seems there is a problem with the new firmware in my environment after a restart or power cycle. Unplugging and plugging back to the same port does not seem to resolve the problem.

A couple of things to note:

- I am not using Insight to manage the WAX610.

- I have turned off all the other leds.

- The switch is a Prosafe M4100-26G.

- I have installed successfully, at least one firmware update since installation of the WAX610s in March this year.

I cannot contact Netgear support on this as I am past 90 days since purchase!

I will not update the other WAX610 for now. You might also like to be cautious until Netgear releases a new version of the firmware.

Jon

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@JonB16

Kindly try to update the firmware of your WAX610 to the latest version which is v9.5.3.2.  You can download it here.  Then, check if the same problem will occur. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JonB16
Aspirant

Ok. So it was not the firmware update! I tested with my other WAX610, and it is turning off all leds, except the power, that causes the WAX610 to get into this state. I will test later to see if turning off all leds has a similar effect.

Jon

Message 2 of 4
JonB16
Aspirant

I have repeated the test, this time with all leds turned off, and the blinking amber problem occurs. This time simply unplugging and plugging the WAX610 to the same switch port resolves the blinking amber.

So with the WAX610, at least the hardware versions I have, and either firmware versions V9.3.0.6 or V9.5.1.20, all leds need to be turned on, for a reboot or power cycle to work!

Jon

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@JonB16

Kindly try to update the firmware of your WAX610 to the latest version which is v9.5.3.2.  You can download it here.  Then, check if the same problem will occur. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements