× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAX615 WiFi password issue after upgrade to 10.3.1.5

mjc775
Star

WAX615 WiFi password issue after upgrade to 10.3.1.5

After a WAX615 upgrade to 10.3.1.5, I can no longer have the special character " - " aka hyphen/minus symbol in my WiFi password.

I discovered this when adding a WAX615 to Insight, I get a "Device Command Failure" alert via email and the Insight app: "Unable to update the wireless settings for device..." My WAX625 (fw 10.2.6.8) is not affected, and the password with a hyphen propagates to the client successfully.

Bug or Feature?

A separate issue is that when I change a Wi-Fi password in Insight then click "Save", the change applies to the connected APs (WAX615 and WAX625), but the password in Insight still displays as the default location password when going back into the WiFi/Wireless Network settings. I will create a separate post for this.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mjc775
Star

Problem fixed with fw 10.3.1.8 which was available via Insight this morning.

WAX615 Firmware version 10.3.1.8

Bug Fixes

This firmware addresses the following bugs:

• Fixes the issue where clients cannot connect after a firmware upgrade to version 10.3.1.5.
  • Fixes the issue where an SSID passphrase is restricted to contain only a limited set of special characters after a firmware upgrade to version 10.3.1.7. Now, any of the special characters can be used in the passphrase: ~ ` ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) - = _ + [ ] { } \ | ; ' : ' , . / < > ?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

The odd message is one thing, the other reads like a hmmmmm

The standard is 100% clear and applicable:

Each character in the pass-phrase must have an encoding in the range of 32 to 126 (decimal), inclusive. (IEEE Std. 802.11i-2004, Annex H.4.1) The space character is included in this range.

There is no reason, a " - " aka hyphen/minus should be refused.

@RaghuHR 

Message 2 of 3
mjc775
Star

Problem fixed with fw 10.3.1.8 which was available via Insight this morning.

WAX615 Firmware version 10.3.1.8

Bug Fixes

This firmware addresses the following bugs:

• Fixes the issue where clients cannot connect after a firmware upgrade to version 10.3.1.5.
  • Fixes the issue where an SSID passphrase is restricted to contain only a limited set of special characters after a firmware upgrade to version 10.3.1.7. Now, any of the special characters can be used in the passphrase: ~ ` ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) - = _ + [ ] { } \ | ; ' : ' , . / < > ?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements